RELOCATE TO THE NETHERLANDS
We 4 Expats hands you the keys to your life in The Netherlands
We 4 Expats knows Amsterdam and fully understands the experience of relocating.
Communication is key to good preparation and we will ask you what you want and need from your new life in Amsterdam. We know this is a busy time for you and know there may be questions you may not think off.
We will inform you of all relevant relocation matters, stripping away the hassles and stresses, and ensuring you avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Home Finding Specialist
Unique tailor-made house search in The Netherlands
Every city in The Netherlands has a very different look and feel.
Let We 4 Expats introduce you to the city and explore the different facets of The Netherlands life – from canals and iconic 17th -century houses through to modern architecture and green spaces. Choose the perfect neighbourhood for your lifestyle, family, career, and then we will help you find the home.
We make it simple! Finding a new home and settling into the new community is very critical to the success of an expatriate assignment. Moving into a suitable home will help the expatriate to settle and improve efficiency.
Now step by step how we will find the home for clients in The Netherlands:
- Requirement Analysis – through the housing intake form the client can indicate their wishes, demands, budget requirements and other relevant information.
- We will do the market screening and pre-selection of properties which will match with client’s requirements while at the same time sending out e-mails to all real estate agencies the e-mail with the search of the property with requirements.
- An arrangement of viewings with real estate agents or owners.
- Accompanied property viewings.
- Preparation/checking of the rental agreement ensuring the client’s interests is protected.
- Negotiation of rental costs and other fees (add any repairs yet to be done into the rental agreement).
- Explanation of terms of the rental agreement with all relevant parties and coordination of signatures on the agreement.
Where to stay during your housing search
- Short Term Accommodation
Staying in a hotel is convenient for a few nights, but for an extended stay there’s nothing quite like having your own fully serviced property. It is a convenient, comfortable, less expensive and it is an alternative to a hotel.
We 4 Expats ensures you hit the ground running by offering fantastic short-stay accommodation in The Netherlands, so you can focus on your housing search. We will help you start getting to know the city and the culture.
This is an important phase of the relocation process. The Netherlands is a seller’s market so do not be surprised by the fast-pace of change on the rentals and property market. We 4 Expats is here to advise you on what areas will best suit your needs and budget.
Please note: short stay rentals are for a minimum of 4 days.
Finalizing housing and utilities
Once you choose your new home we will help you:
- Check-in protocol: including a video, not only photos of the property upon entrance to ensure smooth check-out and deposit return.
- Accompany your big move in day, and double and triple check the inventory list, and look over the actual state of the property. This is very important part for the future return of the deposit or claims of additional payment needed. We will make sure that serious stains, cracks, rips and other damage other than usual wear and tear are reported at check in report.
- The selection of good suppliers for utilities (part of our Settling-in packages) is crucial as well – to ensure flexibility for cancellation.
Please note: the minimum rental contract is for 6 months.
We 4 Expats understands the importance of schooling and daycare to relocating families.
Tell us what your kids need and we will inform you of all the available options in the Dutch education system and international schooling (public and private).
We can also organize school visits and assist in application procedures.
After the move
We 4 Expats doesn’t consider its job done once we hand you your house keys. To us, the move is just the beginning of a process of adjusting and settling in. Let our range of integration services give you the solid foundation you need to start your new life in Amsterdam. From cultural awareness training to business English and Dutch language classes, see our Integration page.
We 4 Expats ensures everything runs smoothly and to your satisfaction!
There is a difference between being a tourist in Amsterdam and everyday life. You will face more important things as a resident. For the home search, we work only with reputable and trustworthy real estate agents and landlords with a proven track record to avoid negative experience for the international professionals. The expat also needs background information to feel safe and secure in this place, especially if they have to decide whether they will bring their family for the next 2 to 5 years.
We can help organise utilities, answer any further questions and connect you to a host of relevant services to get you on your way to your life in Amsterdam.